Friday, October 11, 2013

DAY 138 - Last Day in Stockholm - to Church

Aug 4 - Sunday in Stockholm 
Linne had never been to the church that was fairly close to her.  She agreed to go with me, so it was great - just us girls together on a beautiful Sunday morning. Unfortunately, I have my notes of what this church was tucked in a box, packed away, so I'll have to wait til I'm in Idaho Falls to update this.

It was a beautiful little church with services in Swedish.  Of course I didn't understand it, but I enjoyed the spirit and the little bit of music that there was. 




I always enjoy the pipes of the beautiful organs that are in Europe.


This was the inside garden and where many old tombs of special people were.
 The three of us then went back to the lake and Rich and Linne went swimming again as it was a gorgeous day.  The Swedes take advantage of this short warm season and the beaches are packed.
"There is sunshine in my soul today - More glorious and bright."
Rich and I then went on a walk through the area to explore some more of the island.
We had a map, so it's his job to make sure we don't get lost.

We picked some wild blueberries along the way.  They were fantastic!!

Everything is so green and lush.  They get a lot of rain here in Stockholm.
 August is their high season for rain.  About 80 mm - over 3 inches for the month.
Many people have small gardens - this one is in a wheelbarrow.

"We're going to miss you - our sweet girl from Stockholm.  Thank you for EVERYTHING."
Next - to Rattvik, where my Swedish ancestors are from.  We will be there for a whole week.  So many exciting adventures await us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment