Wednesday, May 1, 2013

TODAY is MAY DAY....in Holland

May 1 - Post from Lisse, Netherlands - home of Keukenhof (famous for the tulip gardens)

Hi from the Dutch People....that includes me!  I remember my mother telling me she had some Dutch in her heritage.  I've always been fond of the clogs, windmills, and little Dutch girls.  We even had Dutch almond cookies growing up. 

We haven't had a chance to post for several days because our hosts haven't had compatible internet with our computer, BUT tomorrow we're off for Belgium, so we hope to do several posts there.
**I CAN'T GET THIS BLOGSITE TO LOAD PICTURES TONIGHT  SORRY ABOUT THAT!!

It's been a wonderful trip so far!  It's colder here in The Netherlands than it was in the Mediterranean.  Brrr!  So, that's been an adjustment.  We've met some wonderful people, however, especially in northern Germany.  Carlene served an LDS mission there and we stayed with a family who is getting sealed in the Temple in a couple of weeks that Carlene helped to baptize.  There are many interesting stories to tell about that, but for tonight, I will just let you know that we're safe and all is well.  Feel free to email me at
sharichc@yahoo.com if you want to do any personal correspondence.  I welcome questions and comments!
Love you all!        Shari

P.S.  Keep checking back here for future updates on our trip.  We're off to Rome on Saturday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment