Sunday, December 28, 2014

DAYS 17 & 18 -Rättvik to Stockholm to London to New Jersey to Denver to Idaho Falls

Sept 19 - Travel For 32 Hours!... one car ride, 2 mini buses, 3 large buses, 3 air flights in two days

It's time to leave my ancestor's homeland of Sweden.  I had a wonderful time - thanks partly to Susanne and Paul and their boys.










Susanne took me early to the bus station.  It was leaving at 8:00 a.m. - 4 hours to Stockholm.



...and to their friendly chickens!

 I had lunch at the bus station.  I needed to print off my ticket for the bus to Stockholm Stansted Airport.
Very nice shrimp salad and brownie.
 I was to meet Linne at 3:15.  She was our couchsurfing host a year ago when we came to Stockholm.  She was the BEST!  I was excited to see her again!
Stockholm has a beautiful river going through the middle.
 Linne and I decided to take a brisk walk along the river.  It was a sunny day and there were many joggers along the path.  It was a Friday afternoon, so it seemed that many got off work early to exercise.  NO ONE in Stockholm is overweight.  They are very health conscious and fit.
Beautiful Linne tells me she has a boyfriend...wish I could meet him!

It really wasn't that warm out, but this guy is having fun anyway!

Linne is like a daughter to me - love this girl!


Cute little houses along the way.  Many are used only in the summertime for garden plot residences. 
 I caught the bus to go the airport at 6:30.  We arrived at 8:00 and already it was dark.  I had a two hour wait until my flight.  Again - my experience with Ryanair was not very good....long lines, long security wait, and my ticket did not get punched when I checked in.  So - rather than go clear back to the main gate, I stopped a worker and asked what I should do.  She went ahead and signed it.  I didn't have any problems!
Waiting...Waiting!  I made it to London at midnight.
 It was good to be in England, but I needed to find the little mini bus to take me to the Holiday Inn Express where my luggage was being stored.  I barely made it in time as the 1 a.m. bus was the last one for the evening.

After I retrieved my luggage, the front desk clerk wanted to know if I had a room.  Since I had to leave at 5:00 a.m., I said I would just hang out and rest.  I ended up lying down on a couch, resting, then eating breakfast at the hotel about 4:30 a.m.

.




I made it back to the other London Airport by bus and waited for my next flight to take off to America.
I had to get a photo of this cute mother and her baby!
                                                                      
Bull that's orange - reminds me of the Denver Broncos - yeah!

Bakewell Pastry - this was AmaZinG!!!!!!
After catching my United flight back to America, I enjoyed a nice meal and got a little rest (but no sleep).  We had a layover in New Jersey where I had to get my luggage and check them back in again.  More lines and security and standing standing.....aughh!   My hips don't like that at all!

Then to Denver and another layover.  So - I finally made it at 10:30 p.m. in Idaho Falls - 6:30 a.m. on a Thursday and arriving 10:30 p.m. on Saturday.     WHEW!  It was totally worth it, though....let's do it again next year - ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment